- BBC documentary: “What Darwin Didn’t Know” (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
Science, Natural History, Environment and Education
Set up by the Charles Darwin Trust (which was created by Darwin’s descendants), Darwin Inspired is an educational resource for teachers and children. From the website:
The Charles Darwin Trust uses the intellectual and cultural heritage of Darwin, through his approach to science and his work at Down House and in the immediate countryside, to inspire a deeper understanding of the natural world.
We aim to:
- promote a real understanding of the natural world to ensure that biodiversity and life on earth survive
- improve and extend science literacy and the understanding of science
- use Darwin Inspired teaching and learning to promote excellence in science education
- enhance the understanding of Darwin’s historical and contemporary significance.We achieve this through research and development of Darwin Inspired education materials, and through developing programmes for teachers and schools. These programmes are delivered through collaboration with major organisations and at Down House.We aspire to improve public access on the web to the whole Darwin heritage. We are playing a leading role, with English Heritage and the Natural History Museum, in developing proposals for collaboration between all the main holders of Darwin material.
A musical celebration of the wonders of biology, including evolution, natural selection, DNA, and more. Featuring David Attenborough, Richard Dawkins and Bill Nye. “The Greatest Show on Earth” is the 13th video in the Symphony of Science music videos series.”
Visit http://symphonyofscience.com for more videos.
I started blogging about 3 years ago. On this shortest of days – winter solstice - I look back to my bloggy Christmas past: